Sunday, July 30, 2017

Happy Birthday to Me...I'm 13!

Hey ya'll, Wyatt here. In case you haven't heard, I just celebrated the Big 1-3. I'm kind of in denial about it, because in dog years, thirteen is, well, old. Yes, I'm officially an old man. Sure, being old isn't the greatest sometimes; I move a lot slower, had to retire from therapy dog work, and can't be the Daycamp "test dog" anymore. But old age can't keep me away from this place; I'm still the official   Sheriff of Waggin' Tails, and I'll hold on to that title forever. Plus, there are a lot of things I still CAN do, like digging up landscaping, loving on the kids that come to visit me, and begging pats and treats from our clients all day long.

I was just a puppy when Waggin' Tails opened it's doors in 2005, and I've made countless memories since. My boys were a lot littler too.




I've been through two major construction jobs here at the Ranch, back in 2005 and in 2014, when we expanded. I supervised, begged food from the workers, and kept everything and everyone in line around here.



In thirteen years, I've done a lot of living...and CELEBRATING! I've celebrated a lot of birthdays and holidays doing my job. I've been subjected to some ridiculous costumes, but eh, no job is perfect.


One of the best things about my life as the Sheriff of Waggin' Tails is the places I get to visit and the people I get to meet. I've been to countless events, festivals, and I've been around for 11 Hoedowns.









In 2012 I became an officially certified therapy dog, and spent the next few years comforting patients and their families at the Ballard House in Katy. I take great pride in my therapy dog career, and want the love and comfort I was able to pass on to those people to be my legacy.





Yes, I'm an old man now, but I'm still living my best life. Thank you to all in the Waggin' Tails family for making the last thirteen years fill of pats, hugs, treats and fun.

Love,
Wyatt





4 comments:

  1. We have loved seeing Wyatt so many times in the 10 years we have been coming to Waggin' Tails. Happy birthday, Wyatt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! Happy Birthday, Wyatt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing Wyatt splayed across the entryway whenever we visit Waggin Tails. Happy Birthday, old boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you, Wyatt. You are the perfect sheriff for Waggin' Tails, and your hugs are just the best. Keep the place running as long as you're able.

    ReplyDelete